We regret to inform you that today is the final installment of our Word of the Day series. We know ... take a moment to collect yourself. The good news is that we are ending on a high note with a term that is scary to some, exciting to others, and ultimately central to the coming of God's Kingdom on earth.
noun | soup-er-natch-er-al ree-al-i-tea
1. Refers to the spiritual domain that surrounds us, in contrast to the natural domain (or the name of a very corny sci-fi show).
2. This is characterized by:
- Supernatural healing, such as when Jesus cleansed the leper after touching him.
- Seeing or sensing the presence of angels.
- Confronting demons (Ephesians 6 tells us that “our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.")
Example: Claire has seen how God demonstrates his presence through supernatural reality on a number of occasions, including seeing angels keep watch outside of her home during a tense season of her life.
What is Word of the Day? Every now and then some pretty big words show up on this blog and in the books we recommend. That’s why we’ve created this “Word of the Day” series to shine a little light on things. We hope it helps. Write us if something still isn’t making sense.
Right now we’re featuring words that appear in President Sam Metcalf’s new book, Beyond the Local Church. Order your copy here.